HELLO! my name is HAMZAH :)
i'm turning FOURTEEN this yr
on the 30TH SEPT
im a member of the VSCB VSCB ROCKS!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Monday 12 January 2009
Two days ago was a big day for me. I woke up early expecting a boring day, when I suddenly remembered, today was my concert day. The concert was held at Singapore Concert Hall. This was where SYF would take place. We were playing as a guest band for Manjusri concert band.
It was 9AM and i will have to be at school by 10.30AM. I had a lot of time so I showered and indulged in the warm water washing over my head. As soon as i got out of the bathroom i wore my band tee shirt and school shorts, grabbing my handphone and wallet and placing them in my pocket. I had pancakes and jam for breakfast and after surfing the internet my mother sent me to school.
I entered the bandroom on time to see that everybody has fallen in. I quickly joined and the band major started taking attendence. I entered the band storeroom and took out my instrument, the trumpet, i did some warm up excercises and 'set up' for band practice. When all chairs and musical stands were in position, the student conductor made us play chords, scales and long notes. After tiring my lungs out, the school conductor entered. The whole bandroom was suddenly silent. The band stood up and greeted the conductor.
The whole band sat down together and we practiced with the conductor. The school conductor, Mr Tan, was known to be very fierce. We once messed up and he got really angry, throwing the conductors score away and slammed down the conductor's stand. That was really scary, I almost forgot to breath.
After two hours of practicing music pieces, the whole band packed up their instruments and went for a break. After the 2 hour break the band members took their instruments and bags downstairs to wait for the buses. We boarded the buses after another fall in. The bus ride to Singapore Concert Hall was short and during the ride, i was having fun playing handphone games.
We came in just in time to see Chai Chee Military band practising their piece. After that we did a stage cue practice to instruct us on how to move and when to move. It took an hour before everything was sorted out. It was when our school band played that the bands clapped powerfully after we did our practice on the pieces.
dinner was fast and next was the performance. We practiced in the practice room while the concert was going on upstairs. i was full of nervousness when the band went upstairs to get ready to come in for their performance. When i entered the stage, i got more nervousas i looked at the big audience before my eyes.
The concert went well as we played the pieces: Symphonic Dances and Postcard from Singapore. after our cue we went down in a gentlemanly manner and went of. The bus trip was fast. A band meeting was held in the band room and after that i went home and slept.
3:50 AM
Monday, January 12, 2009
Monday 12 January 2009
Two days ago was a big day for me. I woke up early expecting a boring day, when I suddenly remembered, today was my concert day. The concert was held at Singapore Concert Hall. This was where SYF would take place. We were playing as a guest band for Manjusri concert band.
It was 9AM and i will have to be at school by 10.30AM. I had a lot of time so I showered and indulged in the warm water washing over my head. As soon as i got out of the bathroom i wore my band tee shirt and school shorts, grabbing my handphone and wallet and placing them in my pocket. I had pancakes and jam for breakfast and after surfing the internet my mother sent me to school.
I entered the bandroom on time to see that everybody has fallen in. I quickly joined and the band major started taking attendence. I entered the band storeroom and took out my instrument, the trumpet, i did some warm up excercises and 'set up' for band practice. When all chairs and musical stands were in position, the student conductor made us play chords, scales and long notes. After tiring my lungs out, the school conductor entered. The whole bandroom was suddenly silent. The band stood up and greeted the conductor.
The whole band sat down together and we practiced with the conductor. The school conductor, Mr Tan, was known to be very fierce. We once messed up and he got really angry, throwing the conductors score away and slammed down the conductor's stand. That was really scary, I almost forgot to breath.
After two hours of practicing music pieces, the whole band packed up their instruments and went for a break. After the 2 hour break the band members took their instruments and bags downstairs to wait for the buses. We boarded the buses after another fall in. The bus ride to Singapore Concert Hall was short and during the ride, i was having fun playing handphone games.
We came in just in time to see Chai Chee Military band practising their piece. After that we did a stage cue practice to instruct us on how to move and when to move. It took an hour before everything was sorted out. It was when our school band played that the bands clapped powerfully after we did our practice on the pieces.
dinner was fast and next was the performance. We practiced in the practice room while the concert was going on upstairs. i was full of nervousness when the band went upstairs to get ready to come in for their performance. When i entered the stage, i got more nervousas i looked at the big audience before my eyes.
The concert went well as we played the pieces: Symphonic Dances and Postcard from Singapore. after our cue we went down in a gentlemanly manner and went of. The bus trip was fast. A band meeting was held in the band room and after that i went home and slept.
3:50 AM
tagboard
YOUR CBOX CODES HERE.
gallery
Anything you want here. Your photo albums, portfolio of designs, photo slideshows.
The "gallery" blogtitle is up for you to change, personalise it to suit you :)