Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Wednesday 14 January 2009
A band camp was held in September 2008, it was a band camp to bond the whole band together. Every year a camp would be held by the sec3's. The sec3's plan on what to do on the day of the camp. It was a memorable day for me as I made more new friends at band, seniors and batch mates. Before the camp I just had friends among my classmates and a few others in sec1.
I woke up in the morning and realised i was late! My alarm clock rang but I did not take notice. I was very tired. I hurriedly showered and changed into my PE t-shirt. I had a breakfast of bread with jam and peanut butter.
My mother sent me to East Coast Park, which was where the band camp was being held. I searched for BBQ pit 44. I was worried that i might have been mistaken but to my relief I saw band members in the distance. They were all already seated in groups so I asked the band major which group i assigned to and i was assigned to a group of sec2's and 1's whom mostly I did not know.
The first activity we did together was icebreakers. Our group joined with two other groups. We played a game called 'Whacko'. It is a game which literary 'knocks' peoples names in your head. A bottle was used as the club. When u are whacked you become the whacker. once you become the whacker 3 times, you will have to do a forfeit. Before you get hit you must say another persons name so you do not get whacked.
After that, the circuit games were held. All of the groups are to go through many stations that tests our groups skills and bonds. The first station my group went to was to find 5 hidden objects hiding under the sand marked with an X, if we did not find all the objects on time we will have to do a forfeit. We did the forfeit which was to bury a member under sand only revealing the head. It was hilarious when a friend of mine volunteered.
There were many things we had to do, there were only three activities that i remember clearly. One was guessing the name of a song and the singer given to us. There were three songs. each song wrong we had to walk on sharp rocks barefooted. Another was the sec3's asked us a question and if answered wrongly the sec 3 throwed a water balloon at us. Another was, as a team, we had to put a string through our PE t-shirts together which was soaked with clam oil and soy sauce. It was really fun!
After that all the band members did drills. At first, it all seemed so serious. Suddenly the sec 3's fell out and the band major asked us to do push ups. All the sec3's started throwing water balloons at us. some were filled soya bean which left a mess on us. Afterwards we were allowed to shower at the public toilets.
We had a two hour break, the band major informed us that we will have a BBQ afterwards. I was getting very hungry. It was Ramadan in which muslims fast. I cycled during the 2 hour break. After that the band was separated. Sec1's, 2's and 3's had their own BBQ pits. We BBQ'ed ourselves. After that a band meeting was held as to discuss about the days events. Then we went home and I slept.
3:47 AM